Is the water coming from your faucets safe for your family to drink, or to bathe in? You can make sure the water is clean and pure when you install a whole-house filtration system. For installations and repairs in La Crosse, WI, call Maxwell-White Plumbing. In business since 1994, we provide straightforward pricing.
Act quickly when your building needs plumbing repairs. Contact us to learn about our commercial plumbing services.
Different Types of Water Filtration Systems
There are many options when selecting a water filtration system for your La Crosse house. Some of the most popular systems can include:
- Charcoal Filters: These are typically low in cost and are one of the most popular models.
- Sediment Filters: These help with homes that use well water.
- Water Distillers: These models use energy and typically have slow production. They remove Cryptosporidium and minerals from the water.
- Reverse Osmosis: This option removes Cryptosporidium and other minerals, and creates bottle-quality water.
- Alkaline Water Ionizers: These add a milli-volt charge to water and minerals, and shift the pH levels.
- Ultraviolet Water Filters: This option destroys germs.
- Magnetic Water Filters: These filters reshape water minerals with magnets.
- Infrared Water Filters: These passively reshape water structures.
- Catalytic Water Filters: This type uses resin bead coatings to target specific toxins.
Maintenance To Perform on Whole-home Water Filters
To ensure your water filtration system works properly, it’s essential to perform regular maintenance on it. Some tasks can include:
- Regularly change the carbon filters.
- With a reverse osmosis system, clean or replace the membrane. Service the pump that creates water pressure as needed.
- In water distillers, clean the components regularly.
- Replace ultraviolet bulbs in UV units as needed.
Protect your faucets, appliances, and skin by treating your hard water. Learn about our water softener services in La Crosse County.
Common Problems With Water Filtration Systems
Unfortunately, from time to time your water filtration system will need repairs. Some common issues you might experience can include:
- The unit can stop working properly if you forget to change the carbon filter.
- The pump used in a reverse osmosis system could develop issues that can diminish your water pressure.
- While a water distillation system may have less frequent problems, it typically takes longer to do its job properly.