Did your water heater suddenly stop working, or are you showering in standing water due to a clogged pipe? You need to schedule professional services immediately as every minute counts in order to reduce the amount of water damage and restore comfort to your home. For emergency plumbing services in La Crosse, WI, call Maxwell-White Plumbing. We are locally owned and operated!!
Do you want to save energy with a tankless water heater? Call us to schedule services.
Why a Burst Pipe Is a Plumbing Emergency
A burst pipe can cause a major plumbing emergency at your house. While a small amount of water might trickle out when it starts, it can get much worse – very quickly. As the hole expands, hundreds of gallons of water can fill your home. This can cause water to seep into the walls, insulation, and electrical wiring. Eventually, mold and mildew may grow, resulting in poor indoor air quality and other health risks for your family. To avoid these issues, call a plumber immediately when a pipe bursts at your home.
Common Water Heater Problems
Don’t get stuck taking cold showers due to a malfunctioning water heater. Identify potential problems with your unit quickly so you can schedule repairs. Some common problems you might encounter with your system can include:
- Lack of hot water: Perhaps the most obvious – and common – issue with your unit is a lack of hot water. For gas-powered water heaters, this could be due to an extinguished pilot light which can simply be relit. It could also signal a severely damaged heating element that needs to be replaced.
- Leaking: If your unit is leaking, consult a plumber to determine if the unit can be repaired or if it should be replaced.
- Excess noise: If you hear loud noises coming from the unit it could signal a damaged heating element or a buildup of sediment inside the unit that needs to be removed by a professional.
- Cracks: If you notice cracks in your unit, have a plumber inspect them to determine if they can be repaired or if your system should be replaced.
Reduce your risk of a plumbing emergency by using our drain cleaning services. Contact us to schedule an appointment.
Signs That Indicate You Need Drain Cleaning Services
Do you need professional drain cleaning services at your La Crosse home? There are symptoms you can watch for, including:
- Slow drains: Slow drains can signal the early stages of a clog, pipes that are narrowed due to mineral or grease buildup, or improper grading of your drainage system.
- Recurring clogs: If you have to frequently clean your drains, it can signal you need professional services to completely remove the blockage.
- Multiple drains clogged at once: Having multiple drains clogged at one time can indicate there’s a blockage deep within your main line.
- Foul odor: Odors coming from your drains can indicate food trapped inside the drain or a major issue with the sewer line.
- Flooding: Flooding in your basement or near a floor drain can signal a clog. It could mean eventually the drain will stop working completely, resulting in contaminated water all over the floor.