Issues with your sewer line can cause major damage to your house, property, and your family’s health. However, you might be avoiding having the problem diagnosed because want to skip an invasive diagnostic test. You can prevent this with a sewer video inspection. An expert can accurately diagnose a problem with your line – and identify its exact location – without digging up your yard. To learn more about this option, or to schedule an appointment in La Crosse, WI, call Maxwell-White Plumbing. We guarantee flat-rate pricing!
Does your sewer line need repairs? Have the problem fixed quickly and accurately when you call us for sewer line repairs and replacements in La Crosse.
What Is a Sewer Video Inspection?
Sewer camera inspections let professionals quickly and accurately find an issue with your sewer line without having to dig up your yard. Instead, a technician will insert a special, waterproof camera into your plumbing system and record a video of the entire line. This will display any defects in the line that need to be repaired, and it lets the professional see exactly where the problem is located.
When To Schedule Sewer Camera Inspections
There are several instances when sewer line video inspections should be scheduled. Some situations that can require you to schedule services include:
- There is a tree root invading your piping system. Over time, root buildups can cause cracks and blockages in your lines.
- You are scheduling a large remodeling project. You should have the piping system inspected to ensure it can handle the work — including increased flow and waste if you are redoing your bathroom or kitchen.
- You are buying a new home. Standard house inspections might not check your sewer line, so this is a convenient way to ensure the piping system is in good working order before you buy the house.
- You experience frequent sewer or drain backups, slow drains, or clogs.
Is your toilet backed up? This can lead to a plumbing emergency if not handled correctly. Call us for clogged toilet repair services in the Coulee region.
Benefits of Sewer Video Inspections
Sewer drain camera inspections can offer many benefits to your household and your plumbing system. Some of the advantages can include:
- Accurately locate a leak: This method can find the exact location of a leak or crack in your pipes. This eliminates any guesswork later as the professional is trying to locate the problem.
- Avoid unnecessarily digging up your yard: Using the camera to detect if there is an issue and where it is located can prevent having large sections of your yard dug up while trying to locate the issue.
- Check the condition of your pipes: The camera can check the condition of your pipes to determine if there are signs of corrosion or wear and tear. This is especially useful if your system is older.
- Video to submit to insurance: The video can be used if you need to submit an insurance claim.