A leak in your home’s foundation can cause massive water damage. Because of its location, this can go undetected and can wreck your pipes and lawn. It can also lead to the growth of mold and mildew. To avoid these problems, it’s essential to schedule professional services at the first signs of an issue. Call Maxwell-White Plumbing to schedule an appointment in La Crosse, WI. We’ve been in business for two decades!
Do you suspect there’s a water leak on your property? Contact us for burst pipe and water leak detection services in La Crosse.
What Is a Slab Leak?
You’re likely familiar with leaks around your property, but do you know what slab leaks are? These leaks occur below the foundation of your home. Because of their location, they can go undetected for a long time – causing massive water damage.
This can require repairs to your home, lawn, and plumbing system. They can also lead to the formation of mold and mildew, which can jeopardize your family’s health.
If you suspect a leak on your property, call Maxwell-White Plumbing to have our experts inspect the problem.
Signs You Have a Slab Leak
To limit the water damage to your home, it’s important to find and repair slab leaks as soon as possible. Some symptoms to watch for can include:
- Your monthly water bills increase without a change in your usage.
- You hear the sound of running water in your home when you don’t have any faucets turned on.
- You feel cold or hot spots on your foundation.
- You see cracks in the base of the walls or the foundation or notice other visible signs of damage.
Does your main water line need repairs? Contact us to schedule water line services in La Crosse.
How Professionals Repair Slab Leaks
It’s important to leave slab leak repairs to the professionals. When a technician arrives, you can expect him or her to perform the following tasks:
- Inspect the leak and find its exact location by using advanced home foundation leak detection methods.
- Open the slab and repair the leak at the exact spot of the issue.
- Determine if the plumbing needs to be replaced or rerouted. This is especially important if you have older pipes.
- Apply an epoxy pipe covering to repair any small cracks in the system. This is placed inside the pipes and can help you avoid a costly reconstruction.