Turning a Bathroom Into a Luxury Home Spa
While Valentine’s day is often about celebrating couples, one should never forget the importance of caring for oneself. Bathroom remodeling might be considered self-care if a homeowner is doing it to create an oasis for themselves. Even if they cannot invest in a complete remodel, there are ways to create a relaxing space with just a few additions to the room. It is incredible how much better people can feel when they take the time to do something for themselves.
Self-Care Tip #1: Take Baths
One of the easiest ways to relax in a bathroom is to take a warm bath. Baths are not only a stress reliever but can also benefit a person’s overall health. There is evidence that baths can be helpful in the following ways:
- Reduces blood pressure
- Increases circulation
- Reduces nasal congestion
- Eases coughing and sore throat
- Relaxes the muscles
- Eases joint pain
Using essential oils or bath bombs can enhance these benefits and help create an even more relaxing atmosphere. Aromatherapy can increase the feeling of relaxation and can add to the pleasant warmth of the bath. So fill up that bathtub and take time for self-care.
Self-Care Tip #2: Add Some Color in the Form of LED Lights
Another way to enhance a home’s bath or shower experience is with chromotherapy or color therapy using colored LED lights. Color-changing LEDs are popular, easy to come by, and fairly inexpensive. They allow homeowners to change the color of the lights according to the benefit they want.
It has been demonstrated that different colors affect mood, so homeowners should consider upgrading their lighting to include something that can help set the mood for relaxation or romance, depending on the focus of their goals. It is a simple addition that can deliver big results.
Self-Care Tip #3: Invest in a Rain Showerhead
Rain showerheads may be the next best thing to a full bathtub for relaxation. They deliver water in a gentle stream, much like rainfall, and have a larger surface area than the typical shower head. The benefits of a rain shower head are listed below.
- Aesthetically Pleasing: Rain showerheads give a very sophisticated look to a bathroom. They can be a central focal point around which decor can be planned.
- Full Coverage: One of the main complaints people tend to have with showerheads is that one side of their body is warm, and the other is cold. Rain showerheads have a wider coverage area and can warm the whole body.
- Fully Equipped: Some versions of this shower head incorporate Bluetooth speakers and LED color-changing lights.
- Versatile: The rain shower head is typically on an arm that can adjust the height and volume of the spray.
- Water Conservation: It might seem that such a large showerhead would use more water, but that is not the case. They typically use approximately the same amount as their smaller counterparts and can use less.
About Maxwell-White Plumbing
Maxwell-White Plumbing is a family-owned company serving West Salem, WI, and the surrounding areas since 1994. They offer straightforward pricing, 24/7 services available, and financing. Call them today for bathroom remodeling services in West Salem, WI.
Distribution Links +