Backflow can cause serious problems at your household – potentially even leading to contaminated drinking water. To keep your family safe, it’s important to schedule backflow testing and repair services with a professional. Call Maxwell-White Plumbing for appointments in La Crosse, WI. In business for two decades, we guarantee satisfaction.
Don’t delay when you have an issue with your sewer line. Contact us to learn about our sewer line repair services in La Crosse.
What Is Backflow?
Backflow refers to the reversed flow of water in a plumbing system, which can cause contamination of the water. All of the contaminants that are washed down your drainage system can get mixed with your drinking water, or other water on your property, like an irrigation system. If not treated, it can lead to serious health issues for your family.
Importance of Backflow Testing
Backflow testing is extremely important to conduct at your house. This can prevent sewage from backing up into your water supply. If that happens, it can result in harmful bacteria that can cause E. Coli, salmonella, and hepatitis to enter the water. Less harmful bacteria that cause eye, nose, throat, and ear infections, ulcers, and vomiting can also be present.
To avoid these risks, you should have testing performed regularly on your property. Call Maxwell-White Plumbing to have our experts test and repair your system.
When your septic tank malfunctions, have it inspected as soon as possible. Contact us for septic tank services.
The Backflow Testing Process
When you hire an expert from Maxwell-White Plumbing to perform backflow testing, you can expect him to perform the following tasks:
- Shut off the water supply to your property.
- Focus the testing process on the devices used to prevent backflow. The professional will determine the type of device used, and the flow direction.
- Next, the contractor will number test cocks and assemble their adapters.
- After the downstream is shut off, the expert will attach the test kit hoses.
- If water leaves the relief valve after this, then the expert will clean the check valve.
- Then a test is performed to make sure the machinery is working properly.